It’s always a great idea to have a backup of breakfast items that you may quickly heat up as you head out the door. These Sausage and Egg Breakfast Burritos are simple to make little packets to help make your morning routine easier. It will take just a couple of minutes to make a few of these breakfast burritos and could be stored in individual baggies and refrigerated or frozen to have on hand for breakfasts.
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk or light cream (about 60 ml)
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped green onion, optional
- 8 breakfast sausage, cooked (See CHEF TIP below)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese (or as needed)
- Mayonnaise, as needed
- Preheat a medium size frying pan over medium-high heat. Add a drop of oil or butter (or either).
- Pour in the egg mixture and then immediately reduce the heat to medium-low. Using a spatula, gently move it across the bottom and sides of frying pan to form large, soft curds.
- The eggs are performed when they are softly set and fluffy and there’s no uncooked liquid remaining in the skillet. This will only take a few minutes. Remove from the heat to cool slightly in the pan while you receive the remaining ingredients prepared.
- For Meeting of this Breakfast Burritos: Place the flour tortillas in a single layer on a cutting board or counter with the remaining ingredients close at hand to start assembly of the burritos. (Follow the step-by-step photos beneath the recipe). CHEF TIP: Tortillas will dry out easily so to avoid this when building, use a moist cloth to place of their tortillas to maintain freshness.
- Drizzle a little mayonnaise on the center of each tortilla.
- On each flour tortilla, place these ingredients as shown in the picture: 1 scoop of lettuce; one cooked sausage; 1 — 2 Tablespoons of shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Bring one advantage of the tortilla over the components; then every side of the tortilla over the first fold. Now, flip the package over the previous border to ensure the folds are now underneath the burrito. Repeat with the remaining Breakfast Burritos. Smear a small mayonnaise below the last fold of the tortilla to help adhere the tortilla edges together.
- Preheat a skillet over low to medium heat. Place a little oil or butter (or both) at the frying pan and place the burritos fold side down to the frying pan. Brown slowly to a golden brown, flip the burrito over and brown on the other side. Cool for a few minutes before cutting in half to serve.
- To Serve: Serve immediately or refrigerate and reheat when required. For longer storage, freeze the breakfast Burritos in small sealing bags and rewarm them from the microwave.