I visit therefore many magnificent desserts on the market each and every moment. I would like to make all of them. You understand the people wrapped with chocolate and caramel, piled 4 layers, garnished with peanut butter cups, candied nuts and whipped cream. When I might possibly be considered a pastry chef that is exactly what I’d make daily, every day. However, my period are limited therefore when it has to do with making something we are able to enjoy I usually seem to visit the new berry desserts may considered a pie, or crepe, or sour! We had a very little leftover Lemon curd and I began wondering exactly what it’d end up similar to combined with curry. Bingo — New Fruit Tarts with lemon curd cream!
The filling is sourer than candy so that I presumed a ‘sweeter’ crust could stabilize the tartness of the lemon curd. This super simple shortbread crust came in under one moment. Press it to the skillet and bake for 12 minutes. No shifting required!
Wonderful the Baked tart shells thoroughly subsequently meet the lemon curd mix. Refrigerate the packed tarts until adding that the fresh fruit serve immediately topped with your preferred fruit and a dusting of confectioners’ sugar if needed. The ease makes them absolutely flavourful!
And should you are uncertain; these tarts are completely fat-free! Certainly not — only kidding! I bet I had you for one moment! However, the recipe is easily doubled or tripled when you should be with some extra for dinner, or simply require an excess dessert — perhaps not judging!
For the crust:
- 3/4 cup unbleached All Purpose flour
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup Lemon curd
- Assorted sliced berries and fruits – kiwi, berries, berries, raspberries
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
For the filling:
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup lemon curd
For the topping:
- Assorted sliced fruits and berries – kiwi, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries
- Confectioners’ sugar for garnish if desired
- Blend the butter and 1/4 cup of confectioners’ sugar from the bowl of a food processor.
- Split the bread between 2 41/2 inch tart pans with removable bottoms. Press the dough in the pans together with your palms taking good care to fill out the indentations from the surfaces of the pans. Cool thoroughly before filling.
- Gently massage the cream cheese in a small bowl until creamy and smooth. Add 2 tbsp of the lemon curd and beat until combined. Insert the rest of the lemon curd and combine with a spatula until incorporated. Split between your chilled tarts and wash until ready to function.
- Top of your favourite veggies and garnish.