Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake is the best summertime treat. Cheesecake is definitely one of my favourite desserts. There are so many possible variations and it’s perfect all year long. Cherries are coming in season and once I saw them in the store I knew I needed to make cheesecake with them. Adding chocolate makes the traditional irresistible combination.
The crust is made from Brownie Brittle and it is absolutely perfect. It holds together, but is not rock hard like other cookie crusts can be. It gives great chocolate flavour and texture. It is so easy because you can just crush the delicate while it’s sill from the bag- no dirtying a different dish or appliance seeking to make the grinds. If you cannot locate Brownie Brittle you can try using Oreo’s or another chocolate cookie, it will not be exactly the same though.
I left this at a 11×7 pan along with the depth is just right. I wouldn’t suggest a 9×9 because it will overflow.
- 2 totes Chocolate Chip Brownie Brittle (8oz total)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 16 ounce cream cheese (two blocks), space temperature
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 heaping cup pitted cherries, halved
- Spray with non stick spray.
- Crush Brownie Brittle from the bag until it is completely crumbs.
- Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl and then add brownie crumbs. Mix well.
- Pat crumbs to the bottom and slightly up the sides of the pan. Bake for 9 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a big bowl with a mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together.
- Turn off the mixer and add the egg by hand. Mix until just combined. Over blending the egg can cause the cheesecake to crack.
- Fold in half of the cherries and half of the chocolate chips.
- Pour into crust and top with remaining cherries and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-30 min or until the centre only barely jiggles. Let cool at room temperature for a few hours then cover and chill in refrigerator.