A pistachio cheesecake! The tallest cheesecake I’ve ever made. Wonderful green shade. Fantastic for a special occasion especially St. Patrick’s Day or Christmas! This cheesecake is quite creamy and does not have the conventional graham cracker crust it has an edible crust. My favorite time of year with this feast is summertime! The brightness of the colour and the rich creamy flavor are two of the reasons but my number one reason may be the size. Because this really is really a generous size that I know I can feed more than a 1 2. So it’s the perfect size for family barbecues.
You are able to also make the standard graham cracker crust and sometimes chocolate graham crackers will work! Do you know somebody who loves pistachio? Make them this cheesecake and see the enormous grin appear while they take their first bite!
For the Crust:
- 1 cup All Purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 tsp vanilla infusion
- 6 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese, softened
- Inch (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (3.4 oz) boxes instant pistachio pudding mix
- Garnish with whip cream and almond slivers (optional)
For the Crust:
- Add the flour, almonds and sugar into your food processor; pulse a few times to combine.
- Put in the butter and almond extract; process until combined and simmer.
- Pour into a 9 OR 10-inch spring form pan (I used a 9-inch pan), press up the sides (roughly 1-inch) and in the underside; simmer 30 minutes.
For The Filling:
- Put in a large bowl beat cream cheese, milk and pudding mixes until smooth.
- Add eggs ; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Put pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake 55-60 minutes until the center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Loosen and remove ring garnish and function.