This country fried chicken is just another youth reminder of the summertime at Elberton, GA, (only like that old fashioned java). Food was consistently better and bigger in Elberton, and that’s the reason why I couldn’t watch for summertime only so we can go see. My sisters and I even made a song up about country fried chicken and big ol butter snacks that people’s sing in our way. We Love food within my household.
Country it’s such a pretty thing to check in with all of its sexy, crispy gold goodness. Now that I am old I make country fried chicken roughly once annually. I am not too big on fried foods, however once I do make it, I make sure I like it thoroughly! I close my eyes with this very first sting and think of hanging on this old tire swing straight back at the Deep South. Ahhhhh nostalgia!
Okay enough reminiscing Allow me to offer you the lowdown to this fried chicken. It’s simple, southern, crispy, succulent, magnificent, and based to mu husband “better-than Chick fi manhattan project” (that I really don’t find out about everything that today, ” I love me a few Chick fi manhunter chicken!) Nevertheless, you’re the judge! Make it. So on. The toppings are easy and there are not a lot of steps such as any different country fried chicken recipes I have made.
- 5 pounds chicken, cut up
- 1/4 cup warm sauce
- Spice blend (you will have lots left over, it is good on chicken)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp seasoning salt
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Celery salt
- Put chicken in a small bowl and then pour brine over chicken.
- After one hour or so pour away the brine and wash chicken off entirely, burning off excess water.
- Mix together the spice combine ingredients.
- Put chicken onto the plate or tray and then season liberally. You’ll have tons of seasonings left-over.
- Taste the bread, it will taste healthy.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before the bread absorbs just a little.
- Re-coat the chicken in flour.
- Fry black meats white and together meats together. Cooking time will be different depending on how big is this chicken as well as procedure used.
- Juices will run clear when done.
- Drain on paper towels onto a cable rack. (in case needed maintain cooked chicken at a 225 degree preheated oven to stay warm while one additional chicken cooks.
- Eat hot!!