This Version involves all of the delicious sweet and salty teriyaki flavours you love. But this simple homemade teriyaki sauce is naturally sweetened with honey rather than refined sugar. And because your slow cooker will do most of the job for you, there is very minimal prep time required. I think we can call that a win-win.
Talking of Winning, we are also giving away not one but two wonderful new Crock-Pot slow cookers in a giveaway under. Yep, the winner will get one to keep and one to donate to a friend. So continue reading for this yummy recipe and have a minute to enter the giveaway too.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (use low-sodium if desired)
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped fresh ginger
- 1/8 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Insert the Chicken breasts into the bottom of your slow cooker in a single layer.
- In a Separate bowl, whisk together the garlic, onion, honey, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, and black pepper until combined. Pour the mixture on top of the chicken breasts. Cover slow cooker, and cook on high for 4-5 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through and shreds easily with a fork. Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon into a separate bowl and then shred it using 2 forks. Transfer the remaining teriyaki sauce from the slow cooker into a medium saucepan.
- Meanwhile Pour the cornstarch slurry to the teriyaki sauce mixture, and whisk to blend. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high warmth, allow it to boil for about 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat, and pour the sauce on top of the shredded chicken. Toss to blend.
- Serve Garnished with scallions (green onions) and toasted sesame seeds if desired.