It has been several years because I have had to creep through the tunnels of a McDonald’s Play place into “rescue” among my boys out of the depths of this multi colored labyrinth, holding my breath the entire way and trusting I did not creep through some unknown chemical.
Obviously, my children thought the whole experience was “the bomb”. What’s to not enjoy, right? A bunch of new playmates and kid sized tunnels of pleasure, all topped by chicken nuggets and miniature soft serve ice cream cones…a youngster’s paradise!
While I Normally do not rejoice in those adventures being pumped off the set, since it usually means my boys are climbing up (too fast!) , I readily admit I am delighted to leave McDonald’s at the past…forever.
Fortunately for Me, my kiddies are requesting more and much healthier meals and do not possess a craving for fried food, unless it’s within the shape of calamari or shrimp tempura sushi rolls (oh, our poor wallets!)
This Healthful model of chicken nuggets or chicken strips brings back the great memories of younger years while keeping things heart healthy.
Chicken Tenders are dipped in whole-wheat flour and a Dijon mustard and paprika egg mixture, then dredged in an entire wheat grains Panko breadcrumb and Parmesan cheese mixture. Rather than going for a submit oil, the tenders are baked in a hot oven until light golden brown and crispy.
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs, preferably Whole-wheat
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp paprika
- ⅓ Cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1¼ lb. (about 8) chicken tenders
- Pre heat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place a wire rack on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Place the entire wheat flour in a medium bowl. In a different shallow container, combine the panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Dealing together with one particular chicken tender in one time, dredge the chicken in the flour, shaking off the surplus. Next, dip in the egg mixture before chicken is coated. Finally, roll the chicken at the breadcrumb mix, completely coat the exterior.
- Transfer the chicken tenders into the prepared cable rack.
- Lightly coat the chicken tenders with cooking spray. Bake until the chicken is just cooked through and the breadcrumbs have started to brown, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Serve with Dijon or honey mustard.