As much as I love to spend time in my kitchen, with working on the cookbook and keeping all my readers here, on the blog, satisfied, I feel like I’ve been living in my kitchen. Some days I wake up, look towards the kitchen and grunt. “I love you, but I don’t really want to spend time with you today.” Yet, we still have to eat, right? …And every day too!
This Coconut Curry Chicken will make sure that you don’t have to spend much time in the kitchen, won’t have to do much dishes and its wholesome and delicious. This easy dinner is made with Thai Coconut Curry Imagine® Organic Culinary Simmer Sauce, which is a life saver on a busy day. This smooth, organic sauce is made with coconut cream, veggies, cilantro, ginger and sesame. I just added it to my chicken tenders, which were sauteed with fresh ginger and garlic, and veggies.
These simmer sauces also come in three other flavours and I can’t wait to try them all. It comes in Portobello Red Wine, Latin Veracruz and Louisiana Creole. (That Louisiana Creole would be awesome with some seafood.) They are Certified Organic, have no genetically engineered ingredients, no preservatives or artificial ingredients, and no added MSG. These sauces are also gluten free and vegetarian.
I found a great solution to always have fresh ginger when I need it. Ignore me if this is a “no-brainer” for you but I just thought of freezing ginger a few months ago. After throwing away so much, I just started freezing it. This way I can have fresh ginger anytime.
This is a quick, easy and delicious curry chicken and vegetables dinner. A one pan dinner, made with great flavours from Thai Coconut Curry sauce cooked into chicken, eggplant, peppers and onions with addition of fresh ginger and garlic.
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 lb eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 1 large red bell pepper
- ½ medium Vidalia onions
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ Tbsp sliced ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp vegetable stock
- 1 10 oz pouch of Thai Coconut Curry Imagine® Organic Culinary Simmer Sauces
- Diced green onion for topping
- Heat up oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add sliced garlic and ginger and saute just until fragrant.
- Add chicken tenders and some salt. Cook until chicken is done and a little golden. Take out chicken tenders and set them aside.
- Deglaze the pan with vegetable stock.
- Add sliced onion and pepper and cubed eggplant. Lightly salt and mix well.
- Cook until veggies are soft and add chicken back to the pan.
- Add Thai Coconut Curry sauce, mix well and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Top off with fresh, diced green onion and serve.