I have been seeing some versions with the recipe to Crispy Cheddar Chicken on offer on P-interest to the previous month or two, plus it looked so yummy, and so I chose to produce my own, personal, milder variant which keeps this that prized Points Plus at minimum. Without doubt, this weight-watchers chicken recipe was a complete hit. What’s to not like about crisp, seasoned chicken topped with a rich, velvety cheese sauce!??!? The clear answer is nothing. Each serving is merely 6 Points +, and paired with a very low calorie soup plus a few roasted veggies, you have got one fantastically delicious meal which may help to keep you consistent with those Weight Watchers goals. Acquire this recipe in your own weekly menus, asap!
- 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut in to 6 fillets
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute, or egg whites
- 1 10.75 oz can reduced fat Cream of Chicken soup
- 1/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9″ x 13″ baking dish with cooking spray and put a side.
- Prepare 2 small, shallow bowls, one together with the liquid egg substitute or egg whites, and one other with 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese, Panko, onion powder, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Season each chicken cutlet with salt and pepper, then dip in the egg, shake off excess and dip in the Panko mixture. Coat well, and lay in to baking dish. Repeat with all remaining chicken pieces.
- Cover the dish with foil, and place into oven, baking for around half an hour, or until chicken is just cooked through. Remove foil, and return to oven for another 8-10 minutes, or until the edges become brown and crisped.
- While chicken is cooking, heat Cream of Chicken soup in a small saucepan, over medium heat. Stir in sour cream, and remaining cheddar cheese, and cook until cheese has melted to the sauce, making sure to stir continuously. Thin with a tablespoon or two of chicken broth or water to thin, when the sauce is too thick.
- Pour sauce over chicken and top with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.