I needed to find baby spinach at Public because they were outside when I did my own shopping last Thursday. The Current Weather Was starting to get bad and I simply didn’t want to get out. However, I had really been looking forward to this recipe. I am really glad I braved the rain and left this. Awesome! It certainly tasted like it came from the restaurant.
This could be perfect for fun. It is indeed pretty with the green spinach and cheese coming out! And make sure to pound the chicken breasts lean enough. The thinner you pound them the quicker they will cook. Additionally, it helps when trying to wrap them around the filling to close.
- 1/10-oz bag fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I used light)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 boneless chicken breasts pounded to 1/4″ thickness
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Place spinach in a large glass jar and heat in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, stirring 1 minute intervals, until wilted.
- Stir sour cream, shredded cheese and garlic.
- Lay the pounded chicken breasts on a surface.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the spinach mixture onto each.
- Retract chicken to enclose the spinach.
- Secure with toothpicks.
- Sear in a large skillet medium-high heat for 5 minutes on each side.
- When you choose the pan out of the oven be sure to set an oven mitt over the handle so you don’t burn yourself, because that handle is HOT!