With Easter Just a couple of days off, I thought I would talk about a side dish which could be ideal for your loved ones dinners/lunches around Easter weekend. All these Smothered Green Beans really are therefore, therefore easy; therefore that you may come home in the Easter service on Sunday afternoon, whip up this yummy dish, and also have them ready for lunch very quickly. I honestly “prepped” this dish at the afternoon until church by cooking the bacon and then mixing all of the additional ingredients. When I got home from church, I simply popped it from the oven! Easy-peasy!
Any-time you employ a pound of bacon at a recipe, you also understand that its gont be great! But do not miss the wonderful sweet and salty sauce, either. This is a enormous success with my spouse’s family. Even those who do not like green beans will still adore this dish…because BACON!
I hope that your Easter weekend is packed with yummy food. In addition, I expect it’s high in the real Gospel of Jesus. Although meals, enough full time with family, the colored eggs, and chocolate bunnies are all fun and good, can we not take our eyes away of this Cross so that remember that our freedom from sin has been purchased by his blood.
- 5 (15-oz) cans green beans, drained
- 1 pound bacon
- 11/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- Pour sweet green beans at a ungreased 9×13-inch pan.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until nearly finished but not overly crunchy. Remove from skillet, drain on paper towels and even chop. Sprinkle cooked bacon at the top of green beans.
- Pour over green beans.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour over green beans.
- Bake for 40 minutes.