Have you ever tried grilling sweet potatoes? It’s fast and simple. You simply peel the sweet potatoes, slice them into 1/4-inch slices, paint them with olive oil, sprinkle on some salt, and put on a hot grill.
We played Around a little of the recipe, after believing we had “discovered” that the superb mix of lime, cilantro, and sweet potatoes, only to learn many others have made a similar discovery. It is a fantastic mix!
You can substitute Lemon juice to the lime, lime is preferable but lemon juice will work. And you may substitute parsley for the cilantro, especially if you are one for whom cilantro tastes like soap.
Otherwise Stick with the cilantro, in our view, it only works better here than the skillet. We’ve also tried adding some minced garlic into the dressing, but I prefer it without it.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro (like tender stems)
- 2 tbsp of fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Prepare the grill, prep the sweet potatoes: Prepare your grill for hot, direct warmth.
- Make Cilantro lime dressing: Combine all of the dressing ingredients into a small bowl.
- Grill the sweet potatoes: After the grill is hot, lay the sweet potato pieces down on the grill grates. Cover the grill and cook till each side gets grill marks, between 3-6 minutes for each side, depending on how hot your grill.
- Toss With dressing: toss the sweet potatoes into a bowl with the dressing and function Hot.