This Day I awakened our regular which always spells disaster in the realm of small men and women. Rather than eat breakfast, visit the gym, come home and eat lunch, read/play/watch TV (occasionally) and then have nap time, we took our time waking up (Daddy was away last night), then went to the sector and Home goods, began baking cheesecake snacks, ate lunch and then had rest time. Normally I prefer going to the gym in the morning (and clearly so does my child), but today we are meeting our friends for pilates in the afternoon.
Something About these cookies make me want to dance, or sing, or run through a field of flowers. The sweet Buttery cookie feels mild and fresh from the zing of fresh lemon zest and juice (this has to be where the urge to dance comes from). And also the raspberries give a sour fruity flavour, complementing the lemon instead of overpowering it (and this must be where the singing and flowers come from).
They work Finest as drop cookies, and therefore don’t attempt to roll them into balls. The batter is far too sticking and it will not work. Trust me. Finally, try not to over mix the berries into your batter. They will taste great, but won’t look as pretty.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 big Lemon + zest
- 1/4 Tsp baking powder
- 1/4 Tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- In a separate bowl, sift together the baking powder, baking soda and flour.
- With the mixer on low, gradually add the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix until just combined. Use a rubber spatula or wood spoon and mix from the skillet (do not over mix!)
- The dough is extremely sticky so it’s a lot more difficult, messy and time consuming to use a spoon, therefore use a scooper if you have one ) Bake for about 14-16 minutes or till they are no longer shiny on the surface and just starting to brown around the edges.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking Sheet for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.