Caramel Cake is one of the desserts which are a genuine labour of love. So wealthy and decadant, it is a cake which surely requires any special event to a completely different level and is undoubtedly one of my family’s favourite cakes.
We celebrated two birthdays in my family last weekend — Mama’s and my husband. I asked each of them what sort of cake they’d enjoy to their birthday and the two of them responded, “Caramel Cake!” Any cake that’s asked by numerous individuals in a household the size of mine to get their birthday is unquestionably a cake to make certain that you get exactly perfect.
It is a cake to enjoy, although mine is a far cry from decorator ideal. Down into the smudges on the bottom of the cake plate. You can certainly tell it is homemade cannot you?
Although Professional bakers and cooks state to use unsalted butter, I stay with my Grandmother’s instructions rather and use salted butter. It is just better that way in my own book.
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups bread, self-rising
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Get 3 9-inch cake pans.
- Cream butter till fluffy and then add sugar and cream for approximately 8 more minutes.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, and lotion after every.
- Turn from pans on cooling racks and permit cooling completely.
- Get Southern Caramel Icing as cakes are Cooling then ice cream.