I’ve always had a fondness for cream-cheese. Whether spread on a bagel as is or jazzed-up in a recipe to make it sweet or savory…if cream-cheese is definitely an ingredient, you can bet I will inhale it! As an instance, when presented with a platter of hamburgers or kolaches (for anybody blessed enough to be acquainted with people), I shall always opt for the one which features curry. Therefore is it possible to guess where I am choosing this today?
Sometimes Simple recipes would be the most useful…and it actually does not get easier than this one! Now y’ recognizes I love making things from scratch however, that stated, I love a fantastic short cut up to another gal. And there isn’t any need to have to over homemade pastry dough whenever you own a can of ever-versatile crescent rolls while in the ice box!
Then, of Course, there is afore mentioned cream cheese filling, which comprises a dollop of strawberry, preserves to provide it a lovely colour and a hint of strawberry flavour. In the end, there exists a stratum of gorgeous, fresh strawberries. They soften in the oven and meld with the cream cheese to get a flavour that is clearly a step up from your ordinary cream cheese pastry.
Simply seal the dough, cut several slits in the top, and garnish with a sprinkle of sugar. If you are feeling crazy, it is possible to make the sprinkle of coarse sparkling sugar! Not only can it add bling to your morning meal, but that very little bit of crunch is such a nice contrast to the tender pastry and the smooth, creamy filling.
I am going To leave it at that today, folks, because not only is this very simple recipe pretty self-explanatory, but I possess a 10-year anniversary to celebrate! And I am telling you…those years flew by faster than these pastries will disappear out of your own breakfast table on a lazy Saturday morning.
- Inch (8-ounce) can crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Granulated or coarse sparkling sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jams or preserves
- Approximately 6 medium strawberries, thinly sliced
- Pre heat oven to 375°F.
- Press firmly across the triangle perforations to seal. Place rectangles on an ungreased baking sheet (or perhaps a baking sheet lined with parchment paper).
- Divide cream cheese mixture evenly between the 4 pieces of dough, spreading using half of each rectangle and leaving a thin border around the edges. Arrange strawberry slices on the top of cream cheese mixture, using about 1 1/2 strawberry per pastry (or whatever fits).
- Working with a sharp knife, cut three diagonal slits on surface of every pastry.
- Bake for 13 to 16 minutes or until pastries certainly are a deep golden brown. Place pan on a wire rack and cool pastries for 10 minutes before removing with a spatula and serving warm.