I really like cheesecake. In addition, I love cheesecake with strawberry topping; therefore that it stands to reason I would also love homemade Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream! I enjoy making homemade ice cream in my own little electric ice cream maker which I received several years back for my birthday. The kind I have is great for an instant batch… no ice along with no salt to suspend it. It simply sits in my kitchen counter at which I pour into the ice cream mix and also a bit over 20 minutes after… boom… ice cream! It’s fun (and dangerous) to have the ability to make homemade ice cream… even if it may be snowing or pouring down rain outside.
This recipe is just a quite simple one which I first made a single summer whilst tinkering with lots of ice cream recipes. For this recipe I added inside the I thought would make a fantastic ice cream. Did I mention that I ate each of the different forms of ice cream I made that summer? Well… somebody had to accomplish it. This recipe for Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream tasted great, and it is extremely straightforward to make.
Pour the Ice cream mixture in to the canister of an ice cream machine. Freeze; per manufacturer directions until done (my beloved machine normally takes just more than 20 minutes to freeze to soft serve consistency). It’s prepared to eat right then and there, but I will suggest transferring ice cream into some freezable container having a lid, and freeze for 2 3 additional hours to firm ice cream till and including far more “scoopable” consistency.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, de-stemmed, cored, sliced
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in blender. Blend until mixture is smooth and pureed.
- Cut softened cream cheese into chunks and add to blender. Blend until smooth. Transfer fresh fruit puree into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in whipping cream, milk and vanilla until blended.
- Pour ingredients into freezer canister of ice cream machine and freeze according to manufacturer guidelines (usually between 20 and 25 minutes).
- When done, transfer ice cream into some covered freezer container and put in freezer for 23 hours to set to and including scoopable consistency.
- Serve, and enjoy!