Buffalo Chicken sliders would be an ideal food for watching soccer (and by soccer, we imply World Cup football) in the front of the large screen, but do not relegate these yummy sandwiches to only game day. They are ideal for potlucks, cookouts and weekday lunches. We love the way the spiciness of this Buffalo-style chicken is cooled off from the blue cheese slaw, and we believe you will love them, too.
Best of All, these sliders come together readily once you make the chicken in the slow cooker along with the slaw from the food processor. The chicken is a set-and-forget slow cooker recipe, ideal for summertime that involves fun in sunlight as opposed to hours indoors in the hot stove. It keeps well in the refrigerator, so plan on enjoying leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
- 3 tbsp butter, sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 tsp hot sauce
- Blend 3/4 cup hot sauce, butter, salt and pepper in slow cooker crock.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 10 minutes or until butter is melted; stir till combined.
- Add chicken breasts, turning to coat with hot sauce mix.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 1/2 to two hours or LOW for 3 to 4 hours or until chicken is fork tender.
- Remove chicken from crock; book 11/2 cups liquid. Shred chicken and return to crock with reserved liquid.
- Spread Top with chicken and coleslaw to assemble.