It’s day three of my “Back to Basics” recipe series I’m doing this week, and today I’m sharing the most basic, amazing recipe of all–Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies. Anyone reading this probably already has at least 1 or 2 chocolate chip cookie recipes. I get that–it’s a classic! However, you should do yourself a favour and make these. Just try them at least once, and tell me they aren’t your new favourite!
I’m one of those people that have several recipes for chocolate chip cookies, but these are my all time favourite. Mrs. Fields Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies come in a close second, because I love the addition of oats. But the recipe below makes the softest, chewiest, most amazing, Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie!
- 2 cups plus 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 Tbsp butter (1 1/2 sticks) melted and cooled until warm
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 11/2 cups semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, salt, and baking soda..
- In a separate large mixing bowl beat the butter and sugars together with an electric mixer until well blended. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently stir in the chocolate chips. The dough will be soft.
- Gently scoop dough into balls and place on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Store in an airtight container.