I really don’t Know about you guys but the strain of the holidays struck me now. Because we live so far apart from household we must send up everything and December 15th is pretty much the last day to trade anything to make certain that it isn’t late. My husband has stepped into princess celebrations for the remainder of his birthdays. He is absolutely okay with it. I feel awful for anybody using a December birthday since I simply buy their presents and provide them half now and half on Christmas.
A few Years back I chose to do all of my baking on Christmas Eve for acquaintances and friends. I really don’t understand what I had been thinking. I’d had aching legs at the end of the afternoon and felt just like I did not spend some time with my children besides baking — and let’s face it, with children it is equal portions strain and enjoyable. What I took away from this day is do not wait till Christmas Eve, make matters which may be ready beforehand. I always make these Oreo Truffles (that could be suspended), Saltine Cracker, Sugar Cookies, and also some kind of fudge.
This fudge I literally left in less than five minutes. I am not gont lie to you, I’ll always choose chocolate on anything white chocolate. With that having been said, I truly appreciated this fudge. If you are a white chocolate enthusiast, you will also!
- 2(10 oz) packages vanilla baking chips
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 dashboard red food colouring
- Line an 8 inch square baking pan with aluminum foil, and grease the foil.
- Combine the vanilla chips and sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently until almost melted, remove from heat and continue to stir until smooth. When chips are completely melted, quickly stir in the peppermint extract, food colouring, and candy canes reserving 1/2 cup for the top.
- Spread evenly in the bottom of the prepared pan and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup on top and gently press down. Chill for 2 hours, and then cut into squares.